Sunday, June 27, 2010

I wasn't exactly planning on doing this since I really wasn't in the mood but I need to... Everything is just starting to take it's toll on everybody around here. It's been a very long and hard 3weeks. Riley of course is the only one who is obliviously happy since she doesn't know any different, lol. If only we could all be so blissfully happy...

I can't even remember if I knew the date yet when I last blogged but Liam's surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. He will have the dysfunctional ear tube replaced and we are just all praying it hasn't managed to fall behind his eardrum in the last 2weeks. We have been worried Liam had a sinus infection since before we left the hospital. The green stuff coming put seemed to be getting worse but it was hard to tell since he still had a little packing and scabs in there and stuff. On Friday morning we noticed a rash on Liam's face that didn't seem like any "normal" allergic rash he gets. When nothing was helping I had Wil take him in to the pediatrician on Saturday morning. When I told her about it when I saw her that morning we had both been thinking viral.... NOPE she thought it was probably Staph once she saw it. Ugghhhh! It was in his nose and when I talked to his ENT today he said he's probably already had it colonized in his nose so this is no surprise. What a surprise, one of my kids has yet another complication! We started oral and topical antibiotics. Within 24hrs there was a huge difference so that's good at least. His ENT today said too, that while he's in on Wed. he'll scope his nose and do a really good washout and get all the junk out. He can also take a look and ease my mind that everything looks as it should in there. This was just a huge disappointment although I don't know why I didn't see it coming since Liam ALWAYS gets something big after any major "stress" on his body. He's always had some major bounce back issue after every procedure he's had.

Riley is actually doing very good for the second except for some pretty severe insomnia she has been having. Idk what all that is about but hopefully she's just getting a new tooth and that's all. The truth will show itself eventually. Always does...

We have an insane week coming up that is jam packed with excitement and a million appt and things to do. I'm tired just thinking about all the errands I have to run before 9am. Riley will also see the hematologist and pulminologist this week so we'll see what they have to say. We have a big CARES meeting on Wed and all of our other coordinating agencies will be hopefully coming. I am definitely hoping we make some good head way there. But I'll try and update each day this week since we have a lot going on and I'm already tired just thinking about it!

No comments: